1 5-ounce bag mixed baby greens
2 large ripe pears, halved, cored, thinly sliced lengthwise
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
½ cup Dauro oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or ½ to ¾ teaspoon dried thyme 1 medium shallot, minced
- Lightly toast walnut pieces in a skillet or pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally to avoid burning – about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk lemon juice, minced shallot, and thyme into olive oil, and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Pour ¾’s of dressing on baby greens in a large bowl and toss well to coat greens. Divide among salad plates.
- Place pear in a 300F oven for 5 minutes to warm. Slice warm pear into slices and arrange on top of greens.
- Sprinkle with walnut pieces and crumbled blue cheese (optional), and drizzle lightly with remaining dressing.
NOTE: If ripe pears not available, simmer pear slices in 8 tablespoons water and one tablespoon maple syrup until softened.
Alternative Goat Cheese and Orange Salad:
With delicate goat cheese, orange slices, roasted pecans and raspberry or pomegranate vinegar
1. Drizzle Dauro on baby greens to coat well, toss and add thin, round orange slices (rind cut off)
2. Sprinkle with delicate goat cheese (optional: roasted pecans)
3. Drizzle with raspberry or pomegranate balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper to taste - toss again.